Crock Pot Apple Butter
- Approximately 3 lb. apples
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup water or fresh apple cider
- Fill Crock-pot 3/4 full with peeled, cored and sliced apples. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick, spreadable consistency.
- If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened. Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
- You can store this in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Freeze for longer storage.
- Healthier Variation: For a less sweet apple butter, substitute 1 cup honey for the sugar.
- To can the apple butter, pack into hot jars leaving 1/4-inch head space and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.